If you've moved to our community or are looking for a church home, please give us a call or send us an e-mail. Be assured, God has a wonderful plan for your
life! Perhaps we can be of help.
Our Mission Statement: "Sharing God's Love with Everyone, Everywhere!"
Our Vision Statement:
"We envision... a community of people hungry to personally know God...
we envision... a church where the Bible is faithfully taught, correctly understood, and personally applied...
we envision... a church with a variety of programs that touch and minister to the whole person...
we envision... a church where worship of God is facilitated with traditional and contemporary styles...
we envision... a church whose facitlities will enable a broad range of ministries where people of all ages and backgrounds come together in
we envision... a facility that will use technology & multi-media to enhance the use of vocal & instrumental music &
we envision... a church that will be friendly, welcoming and can laugh, rejoice, cry & mourn with each other.
What We Believe:
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will
for the salvation of men, and the Divine an dfinal authority for all Christian Faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father , Son and Holy Ghost.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for
our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell,
guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and
spiritual life be obtained.
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as
receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
7. We believe that water baptism and the Lord's supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as
means of salvation.
8. We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jeus Chrust have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united
togheter in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
9. We believe that only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
10. We believe tha tJesus Chrust is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own
11. We believe in the personal and premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life
and service of the believer.
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasitng
1907: Rev. H.F. Josephson began to hold Sunday services in the Bateman Hall
1920: Rev. Krag Wuflestad organized the Cooperstown Skandinaviske Missions Forning (services in Mission Hall)
1921: The congregation voted to be named as "Bethlehem Evangelical Free Church"
1949: The congregation voted to join the Evangelical Free Church of America
1982 - 85: Rev. LaDon Rydbert served as pastor (Trinity Evangelical Divinity School)
1986 - 90: Rev. Ron Perkins served as pastor (South Carolina Baptist seminary)
1992: Bethlehem & Fellowship combined and became "Cooperstown Evangelical Free Church
1993 - 94: Rev. Luverne Mulvihill served as interim pastor .
1995-2003: Rev. Daryl & Valarie Griffin (Trinity Evangelical Divinity School -- beginning of small group ministry)
2003-2004: Pastor Bob & Eda Jacobson (interim pastor & great encouragers through hospitality & visitation)
2005: Creation & implementation of Vision Statement (refer to above summary vision statements)
2005 - 2014: Pastor Dale Clifton (M.Div. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School -- remodeling of school, gym, demolition of 1914 building,
remodeling of Youth Room, 1st tenor in Cornerstone Quartet!
Oct 2005: remodeling of elementary school began
Easter, 2006: First worship service in the new church building
2006: Renaming of church from Cooperstown Evangelical Free Church to "Cornerstone Community Church"
2010: Completion of demolition of 1914 building
2011: Remodeling of Gym & dedication
2013: Remodeling of Youth Room
2015-2016: Gordon Douglas serves as interim pastor
2016-?: Stephen Scott serves as pastor (M.Div. NTS; Moody Bible Institute grad)
2017 Remodeling of Church Roof.